PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — La Salle Academy announced Monday that all in-person classes are cancelled for the week, after a teacher tested positive for COVID-19.
The school posted on its Facebook page that the Rhode Island Department of Health informed them a teacher had tested positive Monday morning.
“The teacher, as well as the faculty members they had contact with, are required to quarantine,” the post read.
La Salle said that they cancelled all in-school classes for the week, “out of an abundance of caution.”
Distance learning started Tuesday, according to the Facebook post.
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- How long will you have to wear a mask? Here’s what the experts say
- Crossroads housing more people now than anytime last year
- FDA authorizes first at-home coronavirus test
- ‘It’s a ghost town’: One of the busiest nights for restaurants hampered by COVID-19
- AstraZeneca manufacturing error clouds vaccine study results