PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — The R.I. Department of Health on Friday reported 167 new coronavirus cases, resulting in a daily positivity rate of 1.7%.
Health officials also reported three new COVID-19 related deaths, which brings the total to 1,130 in Rhode Island.
COVID-19 hospitalizations decreased to 112 people, with ten currently in intensive care and six on ventilators, according to health officials.
In addition to the 167 new cases reported Friday, health officials also newly disclosed an additional 81 cases to previous days over the past two weeks.
The majority of the new cases were added to Wednesday, bringing the total to 251 cases on that day. That’s the highest single-day total since Rhode Island entered into Phase 1 of its reopening plan on May 9.
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- RI doctor ‘really concerned’ new COVID-19 variant could strain health care system
- Volunteers hand out 20K free masks in Pawtucket, Central Falls for MLK Day
- New Bedford reopens surge center for recovering COVID-19 patients
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Coronasomnia: What is it and how to combat it