MIAMI (AP) — Princess Cruises, which had one of its ships quarantined off the coast of Japan last month, is suspending global operations through early May because of the coronavirus pandemic.
The cruise line, which is part of Carnival Corp., said Thursday that 18 cruise ships will cease voyages that were scheduled to depart between March 12 and May 10.
Japanese authorities quarantined the Diamond Princess cruise ship off the port of Yokohama for a two weeks after 10 passengers were initially diagnosed with the COVI-19.
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- 1,013 new coronavirus cases in Massachusetts; 68 more deaths
- What to expect at state beaches Monday
- WATCH: Health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 24
- 11 more deaths in RI, 116 new cases; two beaches open Monday
- Brady & Mickelson to take on Manning & Tiger in charity golf event