NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (WPRI) — To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, New Bedford’s 2020 Memorial Day Parade has been canceled.
The parade, originally scheduled for Monday, May 25, is the city’s “annual tribute to those lost in service to their country.”
Related events including the Fishermen’s Memorial Service at 10 a.m. and City Memorial Service and Wreath-Laying Ceremony at noon will be broadcast live on New Bedford Cable Access and the city’s Facebook page.
The city said it also plans to air other events hosted by local veterans’ groups since they will not be open to the public.
Coronavirus: Coverage and Resources
COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data | Projection Models | Find a Testing Site Near You | School Updates | Latest Headlines | En Español: 12 Informa |
RI Coronavirus Hotline: (401) 222-8022 | Work-Related Questions: (401) 462-2020 | Mental Health Assistance: (401) 414-5465
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- England faces new lockdown as UK virus cases pass 1 million
- Hockey players frustrated by decision to shut down ice rinks
- Middletown High School goes remote after coronavirus cases traced to ‘super spreader event’
- 2nd study testing a COVID-19 antibody drug has a setback
- Second stimulus checks: How negotiations went from optimistic to ugly