SOMERSET, Mass. (WPRI) — The closure of bars due to coronavirus means singers and bands are missing out on gigs, and that means missing out on cash.
That didn’t stop one local musician who decided to improvise.
Billy Leetch sings and plays guitar at bars and restaurants throughout Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts.
His performance Tuesday night at Dublin Rose in Seekonk was canceled due to the order from Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker banning patrons from eating or drinking inside restaurants and bars.
Instead of performing before a crowded bar, Leetch played on Facebook Live and invited people to watch from their living rooms.
Coronavirus: Coverage and Resources
What’s Open in RI & Mass. | Find a Testing Site Near You | Latest Headlines | En Español: 12 Informa | COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data | Projection Models | CDC Resources | RI Health Department | MA Health Department
RI Coronavirus Hotline: (401) 222-8022 | Work-Related Questions: (401) 462-2020 | Mental Health Assistance: (401) 414-5465
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- ‘We’re fighting for her’: RI woman claims nursing home won’t let her speak to, see her mom
- Here’s the timeline for RI schools to submit reopening plans
- First COVID-19 vaccine tested in US poised for final testing
- Twin River, dealers at odds over policy to limit sick calls amid pandemic
- RI’s average new COVID-19 patient is 38 years old, a record low