SOMERSET, Mass. (WPRI) — The closure of bars due to coronavirus means singers and bands are missing out on gigs, and that means missing out on cash.
That didn’t stop one local musician who decided to improvise.
Billy Leetch sings and plays guitar at bars and restaurants throughout Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts.
His performance Tuesday night at Dublin Rose in Seekonk was canceled due to the order from Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker banning patrons from eating or drinking inside restaurants and bars.
Instead of performing before a crowded bar, Leetch played on Facebook Live and invited people to watch from their living rooms.
Coronavirus: Coverage and Resources
COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data | Projection Models | Find a Testing Site Near You | School Updates | Latest Headlines
RI Coronavirus Hotline: (401) 222-8022 | Work-Related Questions: (401) 462-2020 | Mental Health Assistance: (401) 414-5465
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- Municipal run clinic in Dartmouth vaccinates thousands ahead of closure
- ‘Something to combat it’: Doctors, patients grateful for COVID treatments
- US advisers endorse single-shot COVID-19 vaccine from J&J
- RI businesses find unique ways to thrive amid pandemic
- COVID-19 death toll tops 2,500 in RI; 399 new positive cases