SOMERSET, Mass. (WPRI) — The closure of bars due to coronavirus means singers and bands are missing out on gigs, and that means missing out on cash.
That didn’t stop one local musician who decided to improvise.
Billy Leetch sings and plays guitar at bars and restaurants throughout Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts.
His performance Tuesday night at Dublin Rose in Seekonk was canceled due to the order from Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker banning patrons from eating or drinking inside restaurants and bars.
Instead of performing before a crowded bar, Leetch played on Facebook Live and invited people to watch from their living rooms.
Coronavirus: Coverage and Resources
COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data | Projection Models | Find a Testing Site Near You | School Updates | Latest Headlines | En Español: 12 Informa |
RI Coronavirus Hotline: (401) 222-8022 | Work-Related Questions: (401) 462-2020 | Mental Health Assistance: (401) 414-5465
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- Hockey players frustrated by decision to shut down ice rinks
- Middletown High School goes remote after coronavirus cases traced to ‘super spreader event’
- 2nd study testing a COVID-19 antibody drug has a setback
- Second stimulus checks: How negotiations went from optimistic to ugly
- Raimondo cuts social gathering limit to 10, temporarily bans spectators from sporting events