SOMERSET, Mass. (WPRI) — The closure of bars due to coronavirus means singers and bands are missing out on gigs, and that means missing out on cash.
That didn’t stop one local musician who decided to improvise.
Billy Leetch sings and plays guitar at bars and restaurants throughout Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts.
His performance Tuesday night at Dublin Rose in Seekonk was canceled due to the order from Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker banning patrons from eating or drinking inside restaurants and bars.
Instead of performing before a crowded bar, Leetch played on Facebook Live and invited people to watch from their living rooms.
Coronavirus: Coverage and Resources
Latest Headlines | COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data | Projection Models | Support Groups | Restaurants Offering Takeout/Delivery | Senior Shopping Hours | Photos | CDC Resources | RI Health Department | MA Health Department
RI Coronavirus Hotline: (401) 222-8022 | Work-Related Questions: (401) 462-2020 | Mental Health Assistance: (401) 414-5465
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- Kent County Courthouse and R.I. Traffic Tribunal closed due to coronavirus
- Cranston church’s offer of palms prompts call to police
- Gaspee Days parade, arts and crafts festival cancelled due to COVID-19
- 15 new COVID-19 deaths in Massachusetts; 231 total
- Local shop teams up with Vans for “Foot The Bill” initiative