PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — The COVID-19 death toll in Rhode Island ticked up to 996 on Tuesday, according to new data from the R.I. Department of Health.
The Health Department reported one additional death along with 53 new positive cases and 16 repeat positive cases.
The daily positivity rate came out to 2.2%.
(Story continues below.)
As of midday Tuesday, 64 COVID-19 patients were in the hospital, including four in intensive care and two on ventilators.
Coronavirus: Coverage and Resources
COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data | Projection Models | Find a Testing Site Near You | School Updates | Latest Headlines
RI Coronavirus Hotline: (401) 222-8022 | Work-Related Questions: (401) 462-2020 | Mental Health Assistance: (401) 414-5465
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- ‘Something to combat it’: Doctors, patients grateful for COVID treatments
- US advisers endorse single-shot COVID-19 vaccine from J&J
- RI businesses find unique ways to thrive amid pandemic
- COVID-19 death toll tops 2,500 in RI; 399 new positive cases
- Third US vaccine could raise question of which shots are best