PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — The COVID-19 death toll in Rhode Island ticked up to 996 on Tuesday, according to new data from the R.I. Department of Health.
The Health Department reported one additional death along with 53 new positive cases and 16 repeat positive cases.
The daily positivity rate came out to 2.2%.
(Story continues below.)
As of midday Tuesday, 64 COVID-19 patients were in the hospital, including four in intensive care and two on ventilators.
Coronavirus: Coverage and Resources
COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data | Projection Models | Find a Testing Site Near You | School Updates | Latest Headlines | En Español: 12 Informa |
RI Coronavirus Hotline: (401) 222-8022 | Work-Related Questions: (401) 462-2020 | Mental Health Assistance: (401) 414-5465
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- Five fall sports reinstated at Coventry schools
- Q&A: Raimondo discusses unemployment backlog, federal spending
- Rhode Islanders mourn loss of local nursing home residents to COVID-19
- 12 Responds: Can I receive backpay for a pandemic unemployment assistance claim?
- What are some of the nationwide solutions to help students most in need during the pandemic?