PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Another 75 people in Rhode Island have tested positive for COVID-19, according to data released Tuesday afternoon by the R.I. Department of Health.
The daily percentage of positive tests came out to 2.5%, health officials said, with more than 3,000 tests conducted the previous day.
The Health Department also reported one additional COVID-19-related death, bringing the state’s total to 1,024.
As of midday Tuesday, 78 COVID-19 patients were hospitalized and of those, eight were in the intensive care unit and four were on ventilators, according to health officials.
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- Municipal run clinic in Dartmouth vaccinates thousands ahead of closure
- ‘Something to combat it’: Doctors, patients grateful for COVID treatments
- US advisers endorse single-shot COVID-19 vaccine from J&J
- RI businesses find unique ways to thrive amid pandemic
- COVID-19 death toll tops 2,500 in RI; 399 new positive cases