BOSTON (WPRI) — The Massachusetts Department of Public Health announced 92 new COVID-19 related deaths on Sunday for a total of 5,797.
The number of positive cases rose by 1,077 since Saturday to 86,010.
Health officials said about three percent of those cases are currently hospitalized. 702 people are in the intensive care units at local hospitals.
460,826 total tests have been performed in the state, with 12,737 reported on Sunday.
Coronavirus: Coverage and Resources
COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data | Projection Models | Find a Testing Site Near You | School Updates | Latest Headlines | En Español: 12 Informa |
RI Coronavirus Hotline: (401) 222-8022 | Work-Related Questions: (401) 462-2020 | Mental Health Assistance: (401) 414-5465
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- AstraZeneca resuming US testing of COVID-19 vaccine
- Twin Oaks to reopen next week, but only for take out
- Amid complaints, class sizes shrinking for Providence virtual academy
- RI health officials fine, close 4 bars over alleged COVID violations
- Daily coronavirus cases reach record high in Rhode Island; 4 more deaths