Gov. Charlie Baker held a live update Sunday – WATCH VIDEO REPLAY HERE »
BOSTON (WPRI) — The Department of Public Health (DPH) confirmed Saturday a second person in Massachusetts has died from COVID-19 related illness.
The patient is identified as a woman in her 50s from Middlesex County. Health officials said she had a pre-existing condition predisposing her to more severe disease.
The announcement comes after a man in his 80s in Suffolk County with pre-existing medical conditions died Thursday after contracting novel coronavirus, according to DPH.
More than 5,200 Massachusetts residents have been tested for COVID-19 by the State Public Health Laboratory and commercial labs. 525 people have tested positive.
Coronavirus: Coverage and Resources
COVID-19 Tracking: Maps, Charts, Interactive Data | Projection Models | Find a Testing Site Near You | School Updates | Latest Headlines | En Español: 12 Informa |
RI Coronavirus Hotline: (401) 222-8022 | Work-Related Questions: (401) 462-2020 | Mental Health Assistance: (401) 414-5465
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- AstraZeneca resuming US testing of COVID-19 vaccine
- Twin Oaks to reopen next week, but only for take out
- Amid complaints, class sizes shrinking for Providence virtual academy
- RI health officials fine, close 4 bars over alleged COVID violations
- Daily coronavirus cases reach record high in Rhode Island; 4 more deaths