Questions answered in this episode:
- When does the extra $600 for unemployment kick in?
- Do people on TDI or TCI get the $600?
- Benefits frozen due to overpayment: what will be done?
- When can the self-employed apply for unemployment?
- Does the extra $600 count toward SNAP eligibility?
- Do I click “yes” when asked if I am searching for employment?
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — The R.I. Department of Labor and Training says more than 100,000 Rhode Islanders have filed for out-of-work benefits in the last few weeks as the coronavirus emergency shut down businesses across the state.
In the above video, Target 12 reporters Tim White and Ted Nesi answer another round of questions submitted by viewers.
Here are some more key WPRI.com links and other resources to help you:
• 12 Responds: Submit your questions here
For more information, watch Tim and Ted’s previous Q&As from April 2 (top), April 1 (middle), and March 31 (bottom) below.