(WTVO) — The cast of the long-running daytime soap opera “Days of Our Lives” have been released from their contract, with the program set to go on indefinite hiatus at the end of November.
TVLine reported the news on Tuesday, adding that NBC has not canceled the show outright.
It was reported that, since the show shoots months in advance, there are enough episodes already completed to air through Summer 2020.
If NBC does renew “Days”, production could resume in March. But, by releasing the entire cast from their contracts, there is no guarantee of who would return.
If the show is renewed for its 56th season, all the actors would have to renegotiate new contracts.
“Days of Our Lives” began airing on November 8th, 1965.
- Woman purchases baby shower gift, finds rifle inside the box
- Puppy with tail growing out of his head finds forever home with animal rescue that found him
- Permanent hair dye, chemical straighteners may increase breast cancer risk
- Texas man dies after fall while hanging Christmas lights
- ‘Good Night Lights’ celebrates its fourth birthday