Go Providence has brought Chef Lauren Lynch from Rosalina, making Squid Ink Spaghetti with crab and green chilies.Ingredients:
1 lb squid ink spaghetti
1 cup dry white wine such as Pinot Grigio
1/4 cup of lemon juice
I tbsp of chopped garlic
4 tbs butter (1/2 stick)
4 tbs good extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 bunch of fresh parsley chopped
8 oz. crab meat lump preferably
1 jalapeño pepper grilled or roasted, seeded and chopped
1 poblano pepper grilled or roasted, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese (or toasted bread crumbs if you prefer)
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of crushed red pepperSteps:
• Grill oiled jalapeño and poblano pepper until a nice char develops, cover to steam.
• Peel and seed peppers, chop.
• Drop squid ink spaghetti in rapidly boiling salted (like the sea) water.
• Sautée garlic in 2 tbs olive oil, 2 tbs butter, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes until garlic is fragrant and lightly toasted.
• Deglaze pan with white wine and lemon juice cook until reduced.
• Add peppers, crab meat and half the parsley sautée until combined.
• Add drained pasta (cook until al dente) into pan with some starchy pasta water and remaining butter, sautée for one minute or until pasta absorbs sauce.
• Toss with half of the cheese (skip this step if using breadcrumbs)
• Plate, top with parsley, remaining olive oil, and cheese if desired (if not substitute toasted bread crumbs.