Discover Newport brought us Chef Laura Blackwell from the Newport Lobster Shack to show us how to make Lobster Wrapped Bacon and Lobsta Crostini.Lobster Wrapped In Bacon
Yield: approx 14Ingredients:
1/2 lb Newport Lobster Shack lobster meat (use the chunks)
1/2 lb bacon (not thick cut)
1) Cook bacon until almost done, but still flexible, not to the point of crispy.
2) Cut each piece in half.
3) Wrap around a good size lobster chunk and spear with toothpick.
4) Bake at 425° F for 5 minutes or until bacon is crispy.Lobsta Crostini
Yield, approx 25Ingredients:
1/2 lb Newport Lobster Shack lobster meat (the small bits)
3 Tbs butter
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbs mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, minced fine
small handful chives, snipped fine
1 baguette, sliced thinMethod:
1) Preheat oven to 350° F
2) Put butter in microwave safe dish and nuke for 20 seconds, just to soften.
3) Chop up lobster meat, dime size or smaller.
4) Use a fork to mix butter, lobster meat, cheese, mayo, garlic and chives.
5) Smear a teaspoon on to each baguette slice.
6) Bake on a cookie sheet at 350° F for 16-18 minutes or until golden.