Eric Palilunas from Dunkin’ Donuts joined The Rhode Show kitchen to make some festive fall dishes, like Dark Roast and Molasses Glazed Pork Chop, paired with some Butternut Squash and Apple Casserole and for dessert, Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Donut Trifle.Dark Roast and Molasses Glazed Pork Chop
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 Large cup DD Dark Roast coffee
- 6 ounces molasses, by weight
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Remove the pork chops from the marinade. Transfer the marinade to a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-high, and boil gently, stirring often, until reduced to about 1/2 cup liquid, 12 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, dredge the pork chops. While in the dredge, preheat a sauté pan medium high heat with 2 tablespoons of butter. 3 to 4 minutes per side or until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Allow the pork chops to rest 4 to 5 minutes before serving with the glaze.
Serve with the Butter nut apple casseroleButternut Squash and Apple Casserole
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 leek
- 1butternut squash – peeled, seeded and sliced
- 4apples – peeled, cored and slice
- 2 sweet onion, thinly slice caramelized
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9- x 11-inch glass baking pan with butter.
- Place flour, salt, and cinnamon into a large plastic bag. Add squash, apples, and onions; shake until lightly dusted.
- In glass dish, layer 1/2 of squash, apples, Leeks and sweet onion. Pour 1/2 cup chicken stock over the top, then sprinkle 1/2 of cheese. Layer with remaining squash, apple, and onions. Pour remaining chicken stock over the top, and cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Take out and sprinkle with bacon crumbles and remaining cheese. Return, uncovered, to oven; bake for another 5 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving
Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Donut Trifle
Servings: 4 Large Servings or 8-12 mini servingsIngredients
- 1 Medium Pumpkin Dark Roast Coffee (made with cream) from Dunkin’ Donuts
- 4 Pumpkin Cake Donuts from Dunkin’ Donuts
- 1 box of instant vanilla pudding mix (any brand will do)
- Whipped Topping
- Dried fruit such as sweetened dried cranberries or raisins (Garnish)
- Chill the coffee so that it’s room temperature or colder.
- Put pudding mix in a mixing bowl. Add the cool pumpkin dark roast coffee to the dry mix. Whisk for 2 minutes until this thickens..
- Chill pudding in refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Cut donut into bite size pieces.
- Assemble in individual serving dishes. Alternate layers of donut, pudding, dried fruit, whipped topping, until all of the product is used up.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped topping on top.