TV Maitre d’ Joe Zito and Chef John Granata from Post Office Cafe are in the Backyard Barbecue making Swordfish Livornese.Ingredients:
4 each 10 oz. swordfish steaks
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
3 pint’s heirloom cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
1 cup pitted Gaeta olives
2 tbsp. capers
3 shallots (sliced)
4 or 5 lg. basil leaves torn
Salt & Pepper
1) Prepare grill preheating on high heat.
2) Brush fish with 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
3) Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
4) Take a large piece of aluminum foil and fold sides up to form a basket.
5) Place all remaining ingredients into the center. Seal the top and place directly on flame.
6) Lower one side of the grill to medium heat.
7) Let the tomato mixture cook on the high side for 5 minutes and transfer to medium heat side.
8) Place swordfish on the high heat side and cook about 5 minutes on each side.
9) Remove swordfish to a large platter.
10) Take the foil -package of the flame and carefully open it.
11) Pour all of the tomato mixture over the swordfish. Serve with a simple pasta tossed with garlic and oil.