MIDDLETOWN, R.I. (WPRI) — The 36th Annual Aquidneck Island National Police Parade kicked off in Middletown on Sunday afternoon.
The parade celebrates a history of recognizing law enforcement officers, past and present, for their duty, honor and sacrifice to the communities they serve.
The Police Parade remembers the 163 Law Enforcement Officers from 2018 that died in the Line of Duty, and pays special tribute to the five officers lost in the line of duty in New England.
- Trooper First Class Kevin Michael Miller, Connecticut State Police
- Sergeant Sean McNamee Gannon, Yarmouth Police Department
- Corporal Eugene Cole, Somerset County Sheriff’s Office, Maine
- Trooper First Class Walter Greene, Connecticut State Police
- Sergeant Michael Charles Chesna, Weymouth Police Department
Eyewitness News meteorologist Tony Petrarca, anchor Shannon Hegy and traffic reporter Melissa Sardelli took part in the walk.
WPRI 12 is a proud sponsor of the Aquidneck Island National Police Parade.