EAST GREENWICH, R.I. (WPRI) — Memorial Day weekend is typically a busy time for food-based businesses across Rhode Island, and this year, they’ll have to operate under new guidelines.
Clementine’s Homemade Ice Cream has two locations: one in East Greenwich and one in Middletown. Both have been taking online orders.
Co-owner Warren Sternberg said their online services have helped them stay afloat throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
Now with restrictions slowly starting to loosen, Sternberg said Clementine’s will offer limited in-person purchases beginning this weekend.
“In the back of our heads we kind of plan on doing a combination of online ordering and walk-in service all summer,” Sternberg said.
The ice cream shop’s East Greenwich location gets a lot of foot traffic, according to Sternberg. He said they have protocols and guidelines in place to help prevent groups from forming outside.
Coronavirus: Latest Headlines
- What to expect at state beaches Monday
- WATCH: Health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 24
- 11 more deaths in RI, 116 new cases; two beaches open Monday
- Brady & Mickelson to take on Manning & Tiger in charity golf event
- 773 new coronavirus cases in Massachusetts; 76 more deaths