EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — The new school year is getting underway for districts across Rhode Island.
To get a sense of how districts are doing and what challenges they’re facing, 12 News sent a five-question survey to every superintendent.
- How is inflation impacting your district?
- Are you experiencing a staffing shortage with teachers or support staff? (Please explain)
- What’s being done to hire/retain teachers in your district?
- How many layoff notices has your district sent out for the 2022-23 school year?
- What is the single biggest challenge your district faces going into the 2022-23 school year?