CARROLL, Iowa (WPRI) — It’s that time of year when Facebook and Instagram feeds are filled with cute images of kids heading back to school. Not wanting to be left out, residents and employees at an Iowa assisted living facility got in on the action.
Instead of holding signs showing what grade they’re going into, the seniors at Garden View Assisted Living shared advice for the students who were heading back to class.
Using the hashtags #youngatheart and #lifelonglearners, Garden View said “We are LOVING all of the wonderful ‘Back to School’ photos, so we thought we would create our own.”
Some of the words of wisdom included:
“Do your best every day!”
“Good students ask questions!”
“Read a lot and enjoy your time.”
Back to School Headlines
- RI schools get ‘playbook’ for responding to possible COVID-19 scenarios
- ‘Culture shift’ on taking sick days needs to happen to get kids back to school safely, expert says
- New Bedford mayor says schools will not fully reopen this fall
- Here’s how COVID-19 distance learning differs from home schooling
- Pulse of Providence: Angélica Infante-Green (Episode 2)