LINCOLN, R.I. (WPRI) – The CBS hit show Big Brother is looking for contestants for season 20. WPRI 12 hosted a local casting call event on Friday, March 23, looking for great applicants to be on the show.
2018 Open Big Brother Casting Call:
- Date: Friday, March 23, 2018
- Time: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Location: R1 Indoor Karting at 100 Higginson Avenue in Lincoln
Each applicant must read the “Contestant Application Instructions” before filling out the application. We will tape an audition with each contestant. Auditions will NOT exceed 2 minutes.
Each applicant MUST have the following:
1. A complete short-form application. Please print it out.
2. A two minute recorded video (WPRI will record your video at R1 Indoor Karting)
3. A photocopy of their driver’s license or state-issued photo ID.
4. A photocopy of their passport or Social Security card.
5. Two photos brought with them (one face and one body shot).APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 22, 2018
All applicants must meet the eligibility requirements in order to be considered.
*Any applicant is more than welcome to apply online and come to an open call BUT you only have to do one or the other to be considered*
APPLY HERE: bigbrothercasting.tv »
BIG BROTHER 20 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS/APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. If you are selected by the Producers for an interview in the Semi-Finals, you must be willing to travel at your own expense to be interviewed at a time to be scheduled by the Producers in their sole discretion and at one of the following locations nearest you listed below in this document. The Producers reserve the right to add, cancel and/or substitute other cities as interview locations.
2. If you are selected by the Producers for an interview in the Finals, you must be willing to travel to Los Angeles for approximately one week at a time as scheduled by the Producers in their sole discretion for the final selection process. Economy travel (roundtrip to and from Los Angeles and airport nearest your home in the United States), hotel accommodations and per diem will be arranged and paid for by the Producers.
3. You must be willing to live in the Big Brother house located in Los Angeles for approximately 100 days on such dates to be determined by Producers in their sole discretion with approximately a dozen strangers where you will have little or no privacy. If you are chosen to live in the house, it is your responsibility to make any necessary arrangements with your employer and family in anticipation of your extended absence from home.
4. The house is extensively outfitted with video and audio recording devices which will record, broadcast and exhibit your actions and voice at all times, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week in every room of the house for the duration of your participation in the contest. You will be observed at all times by the Producers as well as the general public watching on television, the Internet, mobile devices and any and all other media.
5. One participant will receive the ggrand prizeof $500,000 (subject to change in Producers’ and/or the network’s discretion). (Except for the two finalists who will receive prize money, a weekly stipend will be provided for each participant for each week that he or she remains in the Big Brother House.) Stipend payments and prize winnings will not be paid until after the broadcast of the final episode of the show.
6. You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of the application.
7. You must be a United States citizen and live in the United States.
8. You must not now be a candidate for public office and if selected as a participant, you must agree not to become such a candidate until after the initial broadcast of all programs in which you appear.
9. You must be in excellent physical and mental health.
10. If you are selected to be interviewed, you may be given, and must complete and return (prior to the date of your personal interview in Los Angeles), any further application materials or documents (such as your birth certificate, passport, and/or other identification) as well as a Medical History Form.
11. If selected as a finalist you must complete the Participant Form Package, which will be furnished to you by the Producers and will include among other things, affidavits, release forms and waivers for you and your immediate
big brother (updated for cycle 20) eligibility requirements:358087_24
family. You must also submit to physical and mental examinations by Producer-selected medical professional(s) in Los Angeles selected by the Producer and meet all physical and psychological requirements.
12. By applying for participation in Big Brother, you authorize the Producers to conduct civil, criminal, financial, driver-history and any other type of background checks deemed necessary by the Producers.
13. Employees, officers, directors and agents of CBS Broadcasting Inc., Our House Productions, Inc., Fly On The Wall Entertainment, Endemol USA Inc., and/or of any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies(including Showtime, 21st Century Fox, Fox Studios or television network, Fox News and FX) and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be participants on Big Brother or participate in the application process.
Applicants will further be chosen to create a pool of approximately forty (40) finalists. The Producers reserve the right to change any of the application terms at anytime or to select or not select anyone at their sole discretion.
The Producers are looking for a dynamic group of individuals who are articulate, interesting and exhibit enthusiasm for the project as well as a willingness to share their most private thoughts in an open forum of strangers. This group of individuals, while meeting the technical requirements of the program, must also have sufficient physical, psychological, and mental capacity to endure approximately 100 days in a monitored house under extraordinary conditions.
Applications MUST go to bigbrothercasting.tv to fill out an on-line application and submit a video. Please take careful note to follow all instructions on the website.
Deadline: Currently, there is no deadline for applications, but we have a strong preference to receive your applications as early as possible.
All materials you send us (including videotape and photos) will be retained by Producers and become the property of the Producers and will not be returned to you whether or not you are selected as a participant. Any expenses you incur during the application process including postage, shipping and materials preparation (videotape, photos, etc.) are your sole responsibility. Producers will not reimburse you for these expenses. Only one entry per person is allowed. All decisions of the Producers are final and absolute and not subject to inquiry.
Big Brother casting producers will be holding open calls in the following cities (subject to change). Please check the website regularly for open calls and scheduled events in a city near you
Unfortunately, we will not be able verify that we have received your application.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be advised so by the Producers shortly before the interview is scheduled. If you are selected to participate
big brother (updated for cycle 20) eligibility requirements:358087_24
in the final selection process, you will be so advised by the Producers shortly before the final selection process is scheduled.
Producers reserve the right to change the terms of the application and the production schedule at anytime. Producers reserve the right to change the eligibility requirements and any other application rules in its sole discretion at any time with or without notice on a specific, case-by-case basis or across the entire applicant pool. Producers also reserve the right to not hold any participant applicant interviews, or to modify the manner in which it conducts participant applicant interviews, or to not produce the program Big Brother at all.