WPRI 12 is here for you during these unprecedented times. We’re still delivering the critical news and information you need and depend on, but we’ve also dedicated our team to serve you more directly. Our 12 Responds initiative is set up to help you navigate our community’s coronavirus concerns, get you answers on critical health and financial questions, and help with consumer problems.
12 Responds: We’ve already answered many of your health, financial, and consumer questions–find answers here
Most Recent 12 Responds:
- Glitch in online application portal for rental assistance program fixed
- RI lawmakers urge McKee to adopt $10K unemployment tax exemption
- RI DLT to launch new phone queue, online status checker for unemployment claims
- 12 Responds: Why did my unemployment benefits suddenly end?
- 12 Responds: Will RI have a tax break for unemployment like the federal government?
- 12 Responds: Can my employer make the COVID-19 vaccine mandatory?
- 12 Responds: I can’t file for unemployment, I’m a victim of fraud
- 12 Responds: Does my condition qualify me to get the COVID-19 vaccine?
- 12 Responds: What happens if I lose my COVID-19 vaccine card?
- 12 Responds: Will I qualify for the $1,400 stimulus check?
- 12 Responds: Why can’t I access my unemployment benefits tax form online?
- 12 Responds: Why is CVS directing me to schedule my vaccine appointment out-of-state?