Power Outages: Southern New England Active Outages Map & Database
Area Power Outages Information
National Grid offers the following tips for customers to minimize inconvenience and maximize safety in the event that storm-related power outages occur.
National Grid customers who experience an outage should call 1-800-465-1212 to expedite restoration.
- Eversource (previously Nstar) customers, report outages to 1-800-592-2000.
- For customers of the Pascoag Utility District, report at outage by calling 401-568-6222.
- People who depend on electricity-powered life support equipment, such as a respirator, should let National Grid know. To register as a life support customer, call the company’s New England Customer Service Center at 1-800-322-3223.
- Never touch downed power lines, and always assume that any fallen lines are live electricity wires. If you see one, report it immediately to National Grid or your local emergency response organization.
- Power problems can sometimes interrupt public water supply systems or disable well pumps, so it’s an especially good idea to keep a supply of bottled drinking water handy, as well as some canned food.
- Check on elderly family members, neighbors and others who may need assistance during an outage period.
- What's your responsibility in a power outage»
For more important information to keep your family safe, visit our Power Outage Safety Guide.
The clean lines of the white dress highlighted Markle's smiling face as she sat at the altar of the chapel, holding Harry's hand as the sprawling train lay at her feet.Read More » Don't Miss
Braylon O'Neil has a slick glove, a good eye and loves to compete.Read More » Street Stories
Matt Ryan's father, who was a Rhode Island State Police Trooper, passed away from cancer while he was in middle school.Read More » South County
There was no holding back when it came to Billy’s homerun dance.Read More » Don't Miss
A teenager on his first hunting trip has a story he'll never forget after coming face-to-face with a black bear cub.Read More » Don't Miss
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Justify wins foggy Preakness, keeps Triple Crown bid alive
- Basketball great Bill Russell hospitalized briefly
- Volvo Ocean Race wraps up Newport stay this weekend
- High School: La Salle lacrosse tops North Kingstown, North Smithfield volleyball over Classical
Zoo officials say the goat-antelope animal was undergoing a routine procedure when it busted out of its enclosure Tuesday morning.Read More »
These are some of the FBI evidence photos showed during day four of the Francis Salemme and Paul Weadick trial. WPRI.com is not showing all photos displayed in court due to their graphic nature. Read more about what happened at day four of the trial.Read More »