We've all heard of recycling, but for those who aren't familiar with the word upcycling, it means to re-purpose recyclable items and make them work for you.
Lifestyle expert Ken Maccarone joined The Rhode Show to demonstrate how to save money and use what we already have to help us get organized at the start of this year.
Ken recommends, "adding a new bin in your home -- the Upcycling bin, along with your recycle and trash." Here is where you'll save items like egg cartons, tin cans, and paper towel tubes. These items can be used for numerous things from children's crafts to getting organized.
Get all your cords tangle free.
- Paper Towel tubes to store extension cords.
- Using bread clips to identify electronic cords.
Keep small drawers, like junk drawers organized.
- Use an egg Carton to store small items such as nuts, bolts, paper clips - also great for children's crafts.
Organize the office.
- Use tin cans for pen holders, paper clips, tacks etc. - Using ribbon and clothes bins to dress them up.
Keep your desk organized.
- Use a cereal box and cut it on angle. Finish off with paint for a new decorative look.
Dartmouth police are trying to identify a woman who died shortly after she was found lying on a golf course Monday afternoon.
An area barber shop packed up its equipment and went to a local homeless shelter on Monday, offering free haircuts to anybody in need.
A man reportedly scheduled to testify in a local murder trial was killed in an incident in Pennsylvania, the Bristol County District Attorney's Office confirmed Monday night.
Dr. Paul Fadale for University Orthopedics joined Eyewitness Sports to break down the team's injuries and offer insight on what the squad will look like come playoffs time.
The next co-host of The Rhode Show has been revealed!