Are you looking to tone and love your legs? You can do it with a couple of easy exercises right at home!
Owner of Mind Body Barre, Ando Vernaglia, shares workout ideas that work well and are easy to do at home.
Exercise #1: High ‘V'
- Put heels together into a V
- Push pelvis forward and roll shoulders back
- Roll onto the balls of your feet
- Bend knees half way then repeat without bringing legs straight in between movements
- Repeat for three to four minutes
Exercise #2: The Foldover
- Face the chair or barre and place both hands on it
- Lift one leg behind you - bent at the knee at 90 degrees
- Take heel and press towards the sky
- Slightly bend standing leg and repeat the movement
"Classes are an hour long and they are toning and sculpting classes that are based of the principles of yoga, ballet, and a little bit of pilates," said owner Ando Vernaglia.
Classes are not only for people who have trained in ballet.
"You don't have to be a dancer to take the class it just utilized the ballet bar and the principles of ballet."
For more information on classes with Mind Body Barre visit http://www.mindbodybarre.com/ www.mindbodybarre.com
Copyright WPRI 12
A local couple competing on The Amazing Race has made it to the final episode.
Bob Dylan's sunburst Fender Stratocaster made rock history when he played it at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival. Now it is again set to make news when it goes on the auction block, where it could sell for half a million dollars.
BREAKING: The sixth and final person to plead guilty in a long-running kickback scheme that cost the U.S. Navy $18 million has been sentenced.
Two-year federal review of controversial taxpayer-backed loan fund forced changes.
Governor Lincoln Chafee has directed that both the Rhode Island and U.S. flags on all public buildings, grounds and naval vessels across the state to be flown at half-staff.