(WPRI) – Today on The Rhode Show we learned how to make Mussels with White Beans and Chorizo with Chef Roberto Franco from Vanity.
- 1/4 cup plus two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves sliced thinly
- 3 ounces dried chorizo diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One 15-ounce can of cannellini beans dried
- 2 pounds of mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 ounce chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon oil
- 1 ounce finely diced shallots
- In a large, deep skillet (sauté pan) combine olive oil with garlic, shallots and chorizo.
- Cook over high heat for two minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and crushed red pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for about a minute.
- Add cannellini beans, mussels and a half cup of wine, cover and cook over high heat until mussels open fully. (Approx. 4 minutes)
- Open the skillet and discard any un-opened mussels.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Cover the skillet for about a minute.
- Remove lid and add chili oil, lemon oil and chopped parsley.
About the Restaurant:
Vanity Restaurant & Lounge
566 South Main St.
Providence, R.I. 02903
Copyright WPRI 12
Several new Rhode Island State Police troopers took the oath of office Friday afternoon in a ceremony at Rhode Island College.
While there's a WaterFire set for Saturday, the severe winter weather expected this weekend is prompting organizers to warn event-goers the event could be canceled.
38 Studios auction failed to produce any “acceptable offers” for their marquee video game.
It may be Friday the 13th, but it could end up being someone's lucky day. Mega Millions Friday afternoon raised its Friday night jackpot to $425 million.
Jacoby Ellsbury will wear No. 22 with the Yankees, taking over the number of Roger Clemens, another Boston star who moved south to New York.