Today on the Rhode Show we learned how to make Chicken Marsala with Apples and Sage with Chef Jonathan Powers of Trafford Restaurant.
- Seasoned Flour
- Egg Wash
- 2- 4 oz. Chicken Breast
- ¼ - Gala Apple
- ½ Cup- Sliced Shitake Mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon- Diced Shallot
- 2 Leaves- Sage
- 4 oz.- Olive Pomace Oil
- 4 oz.- Clarified Butter
- 8 oz.- Marsala Wine
- 4 oz.- Chicken Demi
- 1 Tablespoon- Apple Juice Concentrate
- ½ Tablespoon Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat sauté pan on medium high heat with oil and butter.
- Dip chicken in egg wash then flour.
- Sear chicken to golden brown flip, discard oil.
- Add shallots and mushrooms, cook lightly.
- Add Marsala wine, reduce by half.
- Add chicken demi and concentrate, reduce heat to low.
- Add butter, apples and sage, check seasoning.
For more information about Trafford Restaurant, head over to their web page.
Copyright WPRI 12
Providence police seized another illegal gun Saturday morning in an IHOP parking lot.
At least eight people have been displaced from their homes after a fire Saturday morning in Providence.
The older brother of U.S. Rep. David Cicilline wants his law license back after being disbarred following his conviction for shaking down drug-dealing clients.
Rhode Island U.S. Sen. Jack Reed and Maine U.S. Sen. Susan Collins are again leading efforts to increase funding for a federal program that helps lower-income families and seniors cover their home heating costs.
Ted Nesi on Cianci, Raimondo, RI's "Microsoft of altar bread," immigrants, sales tax and more.