We're making Lemon Ricotta Stuffed French Toast with Chef Steve Head of Jigger's Hill and Harbour.
- 4 pieces of bread
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 3tbl spoon lemon zest
- 4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tbl spoon powder sugar
- 2 tbl spoon ricotta cheese
1. Get blueberry compote ready: Combine 4 cups of water and 4 cups of sugar. Boil for 5 minutes. Stir in 4 cups of blueberries. Simmer 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 3/4 cup lemon juice. Set aside.
2. Egg wash french toast: Scramble 6 egg whites. Add in 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix with whisk. Set aside
3. Prepare lemon ricotta filing: Mix together 4 cups of ricotta cheese, 3 tablespoon lemon zest, 4 teaspoon lemon juice, 4 tablespoon powder sugar. Set aside.
4. Dip four pieces of bread in egg whites. Put on griddle on medium heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle top with cinnamon while cooking.
Flip and put 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese in the center of 2 pieces of toast. Cook for another minutes. Put 2 other pieces of toast on top of the ricotta toast like a sandwich.
5. Cook french toast sandwiches for additional 2 minutes or until each side is golden brown. Remove from griddle. Cut diagonally and place on plate Finally, drizzle the blueberry compote over toast and sprinkle with sugar.
The snow has given way to rain, but not before causing a slick commute and some flight delays. Now, more wintry weather is on the way.
A University of Rhode Island professor says the high number of snowy owls seen in the state this year is unprecedented.
Local couple Amy Diaz and Jason Case were the final team standing on CBS' "The Amazing Race."
BREAKING: The Patriots TE will miss the rest of the year after tearing the ACL and MCL in his knee.
Detailed breakdown of more wintry weather expected to move into the area Tuesday and how it could affect you. MORE>>