We're making the Harvest Buffet's BBQ Pulled Pork with Chef Mottor of the Boston Culinary Group at Roger Williams Park Zoo.
The BBQ Pulled Pork is part of the The Harvest Buffet at the Jack-o-Lantern Spectacular.
3-4 lb. Boneless Pork Butt
BBQ Sauce (see recipe)
Seasoning (see recipe)
Pork Butt Directions:
1/2 c Kosher salt
3 Tbsp Paprika
2 Tbsp Garlic (Granulated)
3 Tbsp Cumin
2 Tbsp Black Pepper
1. In a bowl mix all ingredients together
2. Place pork in a roasting pan fat side up
3. Rub pork with oil and seasoning
4. Smoke pork for 6-7 hours at 225 degrees in a smoker or slow cook in oven until temperature reaches 160 degrees F
5. Pull pork into small slices or chunks after letting it settle for about 20 minutes
6. Add BBQ sauce and mix pork until evenly sauced
BBQ Sauce Directions:
3/4 c Molasses
1 1/4 c Ketchup
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Soy sauce
2 Tbsp Orange juice
1 Tbsp Worcestershire
2 Tbsp Brown sugar
2 tsp Pork Rub
2 dashes Tabasco
2 Tbsp onions minced
1 Tbsp Vegetable or Canola oil
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl except onions and oil with a wire whip
2. When ingredients are incorporated whip in oil and minced onions.
3. Adjust heat to your liking with more/less Tabasco sauce
Chipotle & Ale BBQ Sauce Directions:
5 cups Ketchup
1/4 cup ale beer
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup liquid smoke (available in specialty cooking stores)
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chipotle pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients over medium heat.
2. Stir constantly for 5 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.
4. Strain through a fine sieve.
5. Let cool.
About The Harvest Buffet:
When people purchase tickets for the Harvest Buffet, they'll enjoy a wonderful meal, then receive express entry to the start of the pumpkin trail. It makes for a wonderful evening!
Tickets will be sold from 5 to 7 pm. They also can be purchased during the day, from 9 am to 3:30 pm for use the same evening.
Apart from the Harvest Buffet, there will be delicious treats available for folks as they approach the pumpkin trail. The red velvet cupcakes on display are a new item that will be available this year. Other items include kettle corn, hot chocolate, fried dough, candied apples, hot cider, and pumpkin ale.
Prices and more details are available on the Zoo website at www.rwpzoo.org or follow the link from the Rhode Show website.
Copyright WPRI 12
Child hospitalized after being struck by vehicle.
A local fire chief is hanging up his hat after decades on the job.
Residents gathered for a candle light memorial ceremony Tuesday evening, honoring Nelson Mandela for his life of service in the struggle for human dignity.
Decorating for the holiday season is a staple in many Rhode Islander’s yearly traditions, but holiday decorating is the leading cause of injury in the last months of the year.
A gas leak in Pawtucket is under control after a gas line break on Waltham Street early Tuesday afternoon.