We're making Bananas Foster with Banquet Chef Dean Dassler of Twin River .
1/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup banana liqueur
4 bananas, cut in half lengthwise, then halved
1/4 cup dark rum
4 scoops vanilla ice cream
1. Combine the butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a flambé pan or skillet.
2. Place the pan over low heat either on an alcohol burner or on top of the stove, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
3. Stir in the banana liqueur, then place the bananas in the pan.
4. When the banana sections soften and begin to brown, carefully add the rum.
5. Continue to cook the sauce until the rum is hot, then tip the pan slightly to ignite the rum.
6. When the flames subside, lift the bananas out of the pan and place four pieces over each portion of ice cream.
7. Generously spoon warm sauce over the top of the ice cream and serve immediately.
ALERT: With snow and freezing rain in tomorrow's forecast, New Englanders should expect a messy morning commute.
Detailed breakdown of the winter storm expected to impact Monday morning's commute and how it could affect you. MORE>>
Massachusetts State Police are investigating after a fiery late-night car crash in Fall River.
Four of five town councilors are facing a recall election in Exeter.
State police are trying to determine why a 32-year-old woman who died after being struck by two vehicles on Route 6 in Yarmouth was walking on the highway.