PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) - If you're interested in a career in law enforcement, the Rhode Island Department of Public Safety is searching for applicants for the Sheriffs Recruit Training Academy.
The application period is currently underway, ending on February 10, 2013.
The department is seeking honest, intelligent, hard working and dedicated men and women.
The stages of recruitment and selection are as follows:
- January 14, 2013 – February 10, 2013: Recruitment & application period
- March 2013: Written examination
- April 2013: Physical agility testing
- May – July 2013: Background investigations, medical testing and selection
- July – August 2013: Division of Sheriffs Recruit Training Academy begins
Anyone interested can find more information by clicking here.
Citing an "irresistible" opportunity, John Maeda will leave the Providence-based design school at the end of the Fall semester.
DEVELOPING: The calls to Newtown police made during last year's tragic school shooting were posted Wednesday on a town website.
U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is pledging to serve out her full six-year term and not run for president in 2016.
Police say a city Walgreens Pharmacy was scammed Tuesday morning.
A 14-year-old Massachusetts boy has pleaded not guilty to murder, aggravated rape and armed robbery charges in the killing of his high school math teacher.