FALL RIVER, Mass., (WPRI) - Fall RiverPolice have teamed up with the Massachusetts State Police in aneffort to track down fugitives hiding themselves in the WhalingCity.
The two law enforcement agencies have teamed up creating'Operation Fugitive.' Authorities have been highly successful,arresting 133 fugitives and clearing 465 charges in the warrantmanagement system.
“While it is a fact that I expected good results when welaunched “Operation Fugitive,” the results from thefirst three months have been impressive to say the least. Theinvestigators assigned and most importantly the public, averagecitizens that provided tips, are to be commended," said ChiefDaniel S. Racine.
List of Top Ten Most Wanted:
- Mayoer Sareth Vann, 16, of Fall River, is wanted for armed assault with intent to murder.
- Kevin Sousa, 32, of Fall River, is wanted for burglary charges.
- James Reynolds, 32, of Fall River, is wanted for multiple abuse prevention order violations.
- Robert Cephas, 18, of Fall River, is wanted for possession of a firearm.
- Jorge Lamas, 22, of Taunton, Mass., is wanted for armed robbery.
- Leroy Menard, 39, of Fall River, Mass., is wanted for parole violation.
- Michael Marchand, 24, of Somerset, Mass., is wanted for trafficking cocaine.
- Jorge Fagundes, 49 years old, L.K.A 22 Michael St. Fall River, Ma. Charges include Sexual Assault.
- Dale Davis, 30, of Fall River, Mass., is wanted for possession to distribute Class B drug in a school zone.
- Jordan Platt, 30, of Fall River, Mass., is wanted for armed assault with intent to murder.
Mayor William Flanagan stated, “I would like to commend the Fall RiverPolice Department and the Massachusetts State Police for theirefforts in making Fall River a safer community. I applaud not onlytheir past exceptional results, but also their continued resolvemoving forward.”
Police say a 52-year-old Revere woman has died after being struck and dragged about a half-mile by an MBTA bus.
A man charged with kidnapping, robbing and killing one woman and assaulting three others pleaded not guilty Wednesday and was ordered held at a state psychiatric facility without bail.
Warwick's school committee delays a difficult decision for the second time in less than a year, deciding to hire a six figure consultant instead of closing schools.
Target 12: The financial situation has deteriorated at Rhode Island Hospital's nonprofit owner.
Davies Career & Technical High School in Lincoln has a new CVS Mock Pharmacy Training Center.