ACUSHNET, MASS. (WPRI) - A volunteer firefighter fresh out of training is being hailed a hero, after his quick actions saved a woman from a burning home.
Flames broke out shortly after 11pm Sunday night at the house on Coulombe Street.
19-year old Adam Hebert was on call at the time.
"I saw the flames shooting outside and said wow, we've got a big fire here. The adrenaline's rushing, you're getting excited because like I said it's my first real fire that I'm going into," said Hebert.
It was inside on the second floor that Hebert and several other crew members found a 52-year old woman.
She had suffered severe burns to her feet and suffered smoke inhalation.
"Just did what I had to do. My training, it was instinct," said Hebert.
Fire Chief Kevin Gallagher tells Eyewitness News, rescues are very rare in Acushnet
Amazingly, the last fire rescue was 21 years ago at the same exact house.
The fire victim was flown by medical helicopter to Rhode Island Hospital, where she is recovering from her injuries.
The fire is believed to have started from a candle.
Board is being restructured less than two years after it was created.
Police are looking for a convicted sex offender.
State gambling regulators are set to decide whether to allow Mohegan Sun to proceed with a bid to build a resort casino on land owned by Suffolk Downs in Revere.
Carlos Santos, 26, was taken into custody as the man he's accused of stabbing remains in serious condition.
Providence's EMA Director said there may be some challenges for crews Tuesday, since snow has arrived while children are still in school.