TAUNTON, Mass. (WPRI) -- The driver of the car involved in a weekend fatal accident in Taunton is facing two counts of motor vehicle homicide.
Nicholas Costa, 24, has also been charged with driving with a suspended license.
He and three other survivors of the crash are currently at Rhode Island Hospital.
Two teenagers lost their lives in Sunday morning's early accident. They were passengers in a Honda Accord that was carrying six young people when it crashed into a tree.
- Related: Two killed in Taunton crash
"When the fire department arrived they found six occupants trapped in the vehicle and they used jaws of life to remove them from the vehicle," said Lt. Paul Roderick of Taunton Police.
Roderick said police received 911 calls about the wreck shortly before 12:30 Sunday morning on Bay Street.
It was so loud, neighbor Ed Lemarche said his whole house shook.
"I heard the impact. Heard something shake and said what the hell was that impact?"
According to police, the six were in Rhode Island earlier in the night trying unsuccessfully to get into a club, and were on their way home. Roderick said the driver got off Interstate 495 at Bay Street and crashed near 1870 Bay Street.
The front-seat passenger, 18 year-old Eden Macedo, and the left rear passenger, 18 year-old Jason Neto, were killed.
Besides Costa, the other rear passengers in the vehicle- 18-year-old Ashley Rivera, 21-year-old Jose Rodriguez, and 19 year-old Chelsea Crancha - all remain at the hospital.
Police said none of the occupants were wearing seatbelts, and that Rivera and Crancha were sitting on the laps of Neto and Rodriguez, respectively, in the rear seats.
A bottle of vodka, approximately two-thirds empty, was found on the floor in the front of the car.
Police said speed was a factor in the accident.
Copyright WPRI 12
Boston police say one of their officers and a suspect have been shot in the city's Dorchester neighborhood.
Flags in Rhode Island are flying at half-staff to honor the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Rhode Islanders who are losing RIte Care coverage at the end of the month will be rolled into another plan and their first month's premium paid, state officials announced Friday.
The town of Westerly is set to receive a $900,000 federal grant to aid in the Hurricane Sandy recovery.
An event was held at the John Hope Settlement House in Providence Friday night for the recruits and community leaders and citizens.