PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) – Firefighters responded to a call Tuesday night from the home of Providence Mayor Angel Taveras, WPRI.com has learned.
Taveras spokesman David Ortiz confirmed that a boiler malfunctioned in the Mayor's Elmcroft Avenue home, which caused smoky conditions. No one was hurt.
"The Mayor and Mrs. Taveras discovered the problem when they got home, saw smoke and heard the smoke detector," Ortiz said in a statement to WPRI.com. "Mayor Taveras turned off the boiler and called the Providence Fire Department. No one was injured but the incident caused smoke damage. The Mayor and Mrs. Taveras are grateful that the incident was not more serious and thank the Providence Fire and Police Departments for their quick response."
The Taverases were married in a surprise ceremony last month. The couple has a one-year-old daughter.
Before heading to the airport, make sure your flight is running on time. MORE >>
We're not expecting to see an abundance of snow, but the timing of the storm will make things tricky for area motorists.
ALERT: With snow and freezing rain in tomorrow's forecast, New Englanders should expect a messy morning commute.
Detailed breakdown of the winter storm expected to impact Monday morning's commute and how it could affect you. MORE>>
Massachusetts State Police are investigating after a fiery late-night car crash in Fall River.