Memorial Day will be observed on Monday, May 27, 2013, and numerous cities and towns will be holding parades to commemorate the holiday.
Sunday, May 26
- Begins at 10:30 a.m. on Old Post Road, concludes at 2:30 p.m.
- Begins at 2 p.m. on Locust Valley Road, concludes at 3:30 p.m.
Monday, May 27
- Begins at 9 a.m. on Lincoln Avenue, concludes on County Road
- Begins at 10 a.m. on MacArthur Blvd, concludes at 11:30 a.m.
- Begins at 10 a.m. on First Avenue, concludes at 11 a.m.
- Begins at 10 a.m. on Route 44 East
- Begins at 9:30 a.m. on Watson Avenue, concludes at noon.
- Begins at 10:30 a.m. on Smithfield Avenue, concludes at 1 p.m.
- Begins on West Main Street.
- Begins at 1 p.m. at North Providence High School and ends on Douglas Avenue around 2:30 p.m.
- South Kingstown Memorial Day Parade begins at 10 a.m. on Holley Road.
- Begins at 9 a.m. on State Street, concludes on Sowamsett Street.
- Begins at 9:15 a.m. on Warwick Avenue, concludes on West Shore Road.
- Begins on West Broad Street.
- Begins at 10 a.m. on Clinton Street and ends on Bernon Street at 11 a.m.
Copyright WPRI 12
East Bay residents met in Portsmouth Wednesday evening to meet with local legislators to discuss the tolls on the Sakonnet River bridge.
Be prepared for when winter weather hits by using our interactive radar to track the upcoming storm's path, as well as vital resources for extreme cold and heavy snowfall.
Mansfield's outdoor amphitheater is changing its name for the fourth time in 14 years.
A local woman was upset after what she thought was a great Cyber Monday deal turned out to be a dud.
Police say a 52-year-old Revere woman has died after being struck and dragged about a half-mile by an MBTA bus.