Independent nominee for U.S. House District 1, David Vogel, joined “The Rhode Show” Tuesday as part of our “Coffee with the Candidates” series.
About David Vogel:
- Moses Brown School, Providence, R.I.: Class of 1985 (high school)
- Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y.: B.A. Economics 1989 (graduated 1990)
- University of Rhode Island, Kingston, R.I.: M.B.A. 1994
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol, R.I.: J.D. 1998
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pa.: LL.M. Taxation 1999
- His parents moved to Rhode Island in 1971 and, although has lived in various places throughout his life, he considered Rhode Island to be his home for 41 years.
- By trade, he is an attorney (licensed since 1999). For the first few years, He practiced in the area of federal taxation and estate planning. For several years after that, he served as general counsel to a tiny company that is located in Miami, Florida. Recently, he switched into immigration law, and currently has an immigration-only practice.
- Developing sustainable approaches to the goals of domestic manufacturing and domestic energy production;
- Allocating the national budget in ways that will yield real benefits for the people of this country;
- Removing the legal fiction that enables corporations to be treated as people (because corporations are not people);
- Aligning our educational system with the vocational and technical requirements of an information-based economy;
- Meaningful reforms in our system of immigration;
- Keeping a woman's choice legal, viable, available, and safe.